Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

26th June 2005 - The String

This was my first day paragliding! The weather was good and we managed to do a few short hops at the top of string road running from Brodick to Shiskine.

This was one of my first attempts. Looking at it now I was all over the place. You can see that i'm not running into the wind. The wind is coming from the left and i'm running away to the right, that's why the glider is a bit squint and slightly deflated on the left edge.





Keith explaining the forward launch. Notice the disgusting pink harness, thanks for that Zabdi!





This is chris's first attempt, his take-off looks a lot better than mine. He is running into the wind and the glider is inflating properly. However moments after this he veered off to the right and narrowly missed some power lines, close one.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home