Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Monday, June 26, 2006

2nd tandem flight done.


Did a second tandem flight with a bulgarian guy called Christo. he let me take control for most of the flight which is good practice before doing a solo flight. i managed to find a thermal that none of the others found, which i'm quite chuffed about! we managed to climb to about 150m above the take off site, about 2000 feet. Christo gave me some good advice on how to work a thermal. if the lift isn't too great then do a wider, shallower turn to avoid height loss. also fly for longer into the wind before turning or you can get kicked out the back of the thermal. we did some pitch control too. i had control for the landing approach which involved doing some 360s to lose height. unfortunately the landing was a bit of a tumble. there was very little head wind at the landing site so the approach speed was too fast. not hurt though. total flight time was about 35 - longest out of anyone, result! i'm updating this from my phone btw, high tech or what!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home