Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

stinging nettles at the training hill

Spent a few hours on the training hill. it was hard to do much because of the heat. Did a couple of flights. The wind was varying so take off required some ground handling skills to turn the glider into the wind. i also got to try my new harness for the first time. The first landing was text book, and the second landing was going well until a few feet from the ground when i discovered that what i thought was tufts of grass were actually nettles and thistles. Ouch!! i tried to fly past them but my legs got it! because of this i slightly over flew and landed in a potato field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home