Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bennan Head. Side landing and sleeping.

I think I'm getting too old for the Arran social scene, my body just can't keep up these days! On sunday morning I was feeling a bit rough. I met up with flying fever and we drove down to the south of the Island to Bennan Head. It was a really nice big round hill that was perfect for practicing top landings. When we arrived there was a good south wind, but shortly after it died right down. There I did one 'flight' if i can call it that, it involved a long, long run down the hill got a few feet off the ground then did a very small turn and then landed running, it partially qualified as a side landing but I would have preferred something bigger.

It was good to see Brendan back on his feet.


We hung about for a couple of hours to see if the conditions would pick up, but there was a warm front coming in and combined with the high pressure it made the sky very hazey and the air had a lot of sink. It was still a nice day though with a great view out to Pladda and the Ailsa Craig. I took the opportunity to catch up with some sleep, although had to pick my spot carefully as there was a lot of cow shit about.


Hanging about waiting for wind. That's the Ailsa Craig in the background, an old volcanic plug. Thousands of seagulls seagulls live there, each day they all fly off, find my car, crap, then return home.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Cas said…

    Hi Neil! I've really enjoyed browsing your blog. Especially such eloquent phrasing as, "I took the opportunity to catch up with some sleep, although had to pick my spot carefully as there was a lot of cow shit about." Now there's something you don't hear every day, not even in Texas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home