Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

first big solo flight done.


Went up the chair lift this morning and got to do my first big solo flight. the wind was a gentle south easterly. took off from 1400 feet, hit a bit of turbulance just after launch cause i hit a thermal, but just flew though it. flew directly to the landing site and did a few turns using weight shift. when turning i need to put my arms out further and straight, then lower and raise either side when turning. got down to the landing site and lost height doing s turns. christo said i should have done more 8 turns first and keep on the same line and avoid drifting towards the landing site until my final approach. the wind at the landing site was also se. the landing was gentle, and i was a happy man. 5 mins later cumulo nimbus formed - thunder clouds. so we were all grounded. the wind also changed to a northerly. we're currently driving to another site further north to do ridge soaring. we're in the patched up moscovich but we're sitting in a layby because the engine has just overheated!

The Moscovich lives to fight another day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home