Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Got drenched!!!

Today there is an occluded front passing over Sopot so there was no flying available, the cloudbase was very low. So we all bundled into a minivan and drove for about 2 hours to another site, about 150km south east. I don't know the name of it yet. It involved a bit of a good old fashioned hike to the top of quite a small hill. I got a wee top to bottom flight done, there was quite a lot of sink on the hill so I didn't gain much height, but over the flat fields at the bottom there was a bit of lift that slowed down my decent, I wasn't too high so I decided not to make too many big turns, I only did a small S turn, then decided to fly straight and make a longer approach run. I did a good landing, making sure I fully flared to come down softly. The total flight time was only a couple of minutes.
The scenery was stunning and was really out in the middle of nowhere, not some where tourists would ever go which was cool. When I was packing up a local boy appeared out of nowhere and I spoke to him for a bit although he had no idea what I was saying, I think he'd been quite impressed by the gliders though. When I was ready to walk back up a huge rain cloud came over and we got absolutely drenched, and it's still raining now. We all bundled back into the minivan and headed back to Sopot. We stopped off at a hot spring pool on the way back. It was really hot and felt good, we even had a beer and a cigarette while in the pool - I love Bulgaria! We're back in Sopot now drying off all our equipment, a wet glider packed away could start to rot - not good!

The boy who appeared from nowhere.
Natural hot pool, and not because I pissed in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home