Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Karnare

I got woke up this morning about 5 by a huge thunder storm. it was quite spectacular. unfortunately it struck the chair lift so it's getting fixed today. We drove to a take off site 1600 feet just to the north of a town called Karnare - although i've also been told it's called Hristo Danovo, either way it's a town with a large gypsey population about 15 minute drive west of Sopot. The take off site was quite tricky, it was fairly narrow and there was a slight cross wind. quite a few folk had to abort there take offs. mine was a bit scrappy. i didn't stick to my line and i over compensated when trying to get back then my left side tucked, but i managed to straighten it just before my stop line and took off. zab said i also started turning too early once in the air. i flew over the town of Karnare, did a couple of 360s then turned to the landing site, approaching from the west as there was an east wind at the landing site. i worked on losing height using a fixed line perpendicular to the wind, but had to move closer in order to clear power lines. next time i need to make my line closer to the landing site. my landing was gentle. total flight time was about 15 mins. on landing we got mobbed by gypsy kids all looking for something, but they seemed nice. i managed to get some in flight footage, and we're currently on our way back up to fly again. hopefully i'll do a better launch.

The take off site.

Karnare from the air.


Me in flight!

Welcoming party at the landing site!

This is me flying! Zabdi later told me off for resting my left hand on the risers when filming, oops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home