Neil's Paragliding Blog

Hi. This is my paragliding blog. I'm using it primarily to record the details of my flights and keep an online record of my training and experiences. Hope you don't find it too boring, I'll try and upload some nice pictures whenever I can to make it seem a bit more interesting.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

phew! nice landing in the small field


Went up the chairliftthis morning. there had been a heavy thunderstorm the night before, and the cloud base was below take off. there was a nice south south easterly headwind so take off was relatively straight forward. i flew straight out over the town of sopot, it was a nice view. i flew over a football pitch. my main objective was to have a good landing after yesterdays dodgy one. i did a box landing with an extra s turn to lose enough height. i came into my final approach and made sure i fully flared to stall the glider at the right height and i hand a nice 2 step landing, followed by some applause from the guys! really pleased with the flight and good for my confidence. i also made sure today that i've been flying with more brake on, and using opposite brake slightly on the turns. zab explained next time i should try crabbing before final approach. it involves using brake and weight to turn in one direction the weight shift in other direction to make the glider fly side ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home